Here is a simple quiz for self esteem you can use to assess your self esteem. Self esteem tests are not designed to diagnose any kind of psychological disorder. They are just a quick and easy way to measure how you feel about yourself. The results can alert you to problems with your self esteem that might benefit from being addressed. If you do identify any self esteem problems, you can address them with self-help measures or you can see a counselor to help you deal with them.
Quiz for Self Esteem
There are other self esteem tests you can take, but we like this one because it only takes a few minutes and the results are easy to understand. Answer the questions in this quiz “most of the time,” “some of the time,” or “almost never.”
- My feelings are easily hurt.
- I get very upset if someone criticizes me, even if it is “constructive criticism.”
- I feel angry at myself if I make a mistake, even if it is an “honest mistake.”
- Instead of making decisions by myself, I usually ask other people what they think I should do.
- I usually go along with the group, even if I don’t really agree.
- I feel uncomfortable when someone gives me a compliment.
- I feel as if I don’t “measure up.” I never feel good enough.
- I frequently say negative things to myself, like telling myself I am stupid or fat or just no good.
- I don’t like what I see when I look in the mirror. I feel I am very unattractive.
- I find myself apologizing for things a lot, even things that aren’t really my fault.
Understanding the Results of Your Quiz for Self Esteem
If you answered “almost never” to most of the questions on this quiz for self esteem, you are in good shape. Everyone has their feelings hurt sometimes. Everyone gets angry at themselves sometimes. Everyone has the experience of looking in the mirror and not liking what they see at some point. As long as these things don’t happen very often, though, they are not cause for concern.
If you answered “some of the time” to many of these questions, you have reason to be concerned about your self esteem. It doesn’t necessarily mean you are depressed or have other psychological problems, but it probably means you have an unrealistic and pessimistic view of yourself and that can create problems for you in life. You are also at increased risk for psychological disorders like depression, generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, anorexia and bulimia. It might be wise to make an appointment with a counselor to discuss any concerns about your self esteem.
If you answered “most of the time” to many of these questions, your self esteem is in poor shape. We hope you will make an appointment with a qualified counselor that can assess your condition and recommend a treatment plan if necessary. If you believe you might be suffering from something like depression or an eating disorder, it is very important that you get treatment as soon as possible because those conditions can be quite serious, even deadly.
Other Self Esteem Tests
This is not the only quiz for self esteem you can take. There are numerous other self esteem tests you can use to assess your feelings of self-worth. You can find other tests in books and online, or you can visit a professional counselor for some self esteem tests. A counselor can help you interpret the results, as well.